Discord is one of the widely used platform by games to send and receive voice ,video and images. Many times we have found out that discord images not loading when you receive it. There are several reason that discord not loading images or discord upload failed. we have work on this problem and list out how to fix this issue with desktop and android mobile phone.We have list out 6 techniques using which you can solve discord pictures not loading.
why discord images not loading and discord upload failed?
There are several reasons that why discord images not loading when you start receiving them. one of the primary reason is size of file and other reasons are as follow
- Size of the received file
- Internet connection problem
- Network settings
- Discord server is down
- Client side discord settings not allow to load images
- Firewall block resource loading
In this article we have discuss solution on how to fix above problems when discord images are not loading.
How to fix discord images not loading and uploading?
1. Check status of discord server when discord images not loading
In this very first thing you have to check out is the status of the discord server. sometimes it happen that discord server is not working and because of this problem images not loading in your discord client instance.
How to check discord server status
You just go to link to check status of discord server. Whether discord server is running or not due to this pictures not loading or you not received any text.
If all running well then you just go for other steps listed below.
2. Modify local Network settings
you have to modify your local network connection and change the “use the following dns server” value in IPV4 settings to 184.108.40.206 .
How to modify network settings
Follow the given steps to modify network settings
Step 1: press windows + R at the same time to open the Run box.
Step 2: Type ncpa.cpl and hit Enter. you can access Network Connections.
Step 3: Now right click on Local Area Connection
Step 4: Go to properties and which will open the Local Area connection 3 Properties dialogue box.
Step 5:Then double click on the Internet connection version 4 (TCP/IP4)
Change the value of preferred DNS server and alternate DNS server to 220.127.116.11 and if still not working then change it to 18.104.22.168
After doing this changes then restart the discord instance and We find your error of discord images not loading will surely solve.
3. verify Client side discord settings for discord images not loading
This is the most important to verify client side discord settings. Because discord provides facility to don’t deliver spam images into your chat box.
It might be the case where you have set out due to this settings images are not loading.
How to verify and change discord client side settings
Step 1 : Login to discord.com
Step 2: Go to settings
Step 3: Go to privacy and Safety option
There are three options listed in privacy and safety section.
- Keep me Safe
- My Friends are nice
- Do not scan
Please make sure Do not scan is selected.
If this settings is selected then discord will not disqualify any images and straight away loaded or uploaded from or to the chat and discord loading image.
This setting is most important to and if other option is selected then it might prevent image loading and uploading.
4.Turn off Windows Defender Firewall
sometime windows defender dones not allow to load the images or discord not able to manage the connection for image transfer.
So you need to disable the windows Defender fireall
How to disable windows diffender
- Open the control panel and search the defender in search box.
- open the defender program
- Click on the last option that “Tools”
- click on the options in Tools section
- will show you following screen click on the administrator and then unchecked the check box “Use this program”. This will disable the defender as shown in figure.
5. verify Internet connection
some time due to slow internet connection you will find difficulty in uploading and loading of images in discord.
you can check your internet upload and download speed by clicking on this speed test tool.
6. Size of received file
discord allow only 8 MB file size to upload . if your file size is more than 8 MB then file will not uploaded and not received. so please check file size.
7. Update discord and restart your computer.
Sometime discord is not updated with latest version. This also possible so if any of above not working then update your discord version and then restart your computer. if you find discord update failed article if discord create problem in update. you can also visit discord app not opening
How to fix discord mobile images not loading
In above section of the article we have written down the discord images not loading for desktop . Now In this section we have try to cover how to fix discord mobile images not loading in mobile phone.
Sometimes we find out that when we upload images from mobile phone from discord then images not uploaded and send to remote users.
Check File size
discord mobile phone app allow 8 MB file size to upload . if your file size is more than 8 MB then file will not uploaded and not received. so please check file size.
Set DNS in Android mobile phone
On android mobile phone you have to chnage DNS setting and then you try to upload the images.We have mention following steps to change the dns in Android mobile phone.
How to change DNS in Android mobile phone
Android 9 (Pie) or higher
Android 9 supports “Private DNS” which uses DNS-over-TLS to provide security and privacy for your DNS queries. You can configure it with the following steps.
- Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced > Private DNS.
- Select Private DNS provider hostname.
dns.googleas the hostname of the DNS provider.
- Click Save.
Settings for Older version of Android mobile phone when discord image not loading or uploading
To change your settings on a mobile device:
- Go to the screen in which Wi-Fi settings are specified.
- Find the screen in which DNS server settings are specified.
- If there are IP addresses specified in the fields for the primary and secondary DNS servers, write them down for future reference.
- Replace those addresses with the Google IP addresses:
- For IPv4: 22.214.171.124 and/or 126.96.36.199.
- For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844.
- For IPv6-only: you can use Google Public DNS64 instead of the IPv6 addresses in the previous point.
- Save and exit.
- for more setting and testing you can visit google android dns testing
We have discuss why discord images not loading or discord not uploading images in discord client.we have explore many options from changing network connection to size of file options and DNS setting for both Desktop and Mobile phone. We hope all the above listed techniques will be helpful to you to solve the problem.
We welcome comments and if you have new technique then let us know by commenting.
Thanks for reading.